Tag: Potholes

Minutes of Tower Gardens Residents Group meeting: 13 March 2018

Minutes

13 March 2018 at Larkspur Close Meeting Room
Apologies: Philippa, Fiona, Chiara
Present: Mary (Chair), Friedrich (Vice chair), Matthew (Secretary), Karen (Treasurer), Zoe, Claudia, Ruth, Colette, Kata; Cllrs Adje, Bull and Stennett

There was a general discussion about the upcoming council elections and the fact that many councillors would be changing portfolio after that date.

1. Rubbish, fly tipping, Veolia collections etc.
There was no residential collection during the recent snow week, leading to widespread problems with overflowing bins etc. The lack of take up of brown bins for green waste in Tottenham was discussed. We think most people in N17 will not pay for the service, leading to further fly tipping and burning.
We also talked about street sweeping and how this is much more effective if it is done after the bins are emptied. Also it was pointed out that side streets within 50m of Lordship Lane should be swept every day. Also some of these streets would benefit from street bins, as most people will not walk any distance to put something in a bin.
We also raised again the subject of the bins on the street in Lordship Lane, which have been a problem here for years. ACTION – Gideon to update. We also drew attention to the awful bin for the flats at 1-2 Westbury Court which have been overflowing for weeks, next to a restaurant.
Action: Matthew to write to the council chief executive and environment member, and cc local councillors.

2. Street name plates
Cast iron ones date from the creation of the conservation area. Some are missing – how to replace? Ruth to see if Zena Brabazon has information about this. It would be useful to make a list of the missing name plates.

3. Potholes
These are numerous and can be reported via the Haringey app. For those who do not have app, look for My Haringey app on the app store on your phone. We decided in January to have a look for all the potholes and report them.

4. Street Trees
Matthew had been told by Alex Fraser, LBH Tree manager, that the trees we wanted would be planted this season, but this has not happened. Matthew to write again and cc councillors.

5. Conservation area issues
Some velux windows are cropping up to the front elevation which is not allowed. Dormer windows are not allowed front or rear.
People should email planning.enforcement@haringey.gov.uk to report them. ACTION – Gideon to look into what housing associations own property on the estate, as they are involved in many renovations.
Conservation Area anniversary – the 50th anniversary was actually in 2017, so unlikely LBH will be doing events in connection with it this year. New conservation area guidelines for Tower Gardens are due to be published by LBH later this year.

6. Parking
There is an abandoned caravan on Risley Avenue. ACTION: Gideon to investigate.

7. State of 100 Tower Gardens Road
<https://maps.google.com/?q=100+Tower+Gardens+Road&entry=gmail&source=g> This is a shambles. Notice board is totally vandalised. Can residents group have new notice boards on the estate, in a nice tasteful colour like black, that we can have access to?

8. Major Lordship Lane development
A development management forum was held for this, re a new building to replace Westbury Court. We did not think a planning app had been submitted, but following the meeting we found that it has. Matthew has commented on the application online on 14 March, stating our concerns that the building is too large, and mentioning the unsafe road crossings at this junction.

9. Future Dates:
3 May – Local Elections
15 May – next TGRG meeting
7 July – Matthew’s garden open for National Garden Scheme
15-16 September – Ruth organises Open House Weekend for the Estate

Tower Gardens on Facebook