Category: Minutes

Minutes of Tower Gardens Residents Group meeting: 11 November 2016

Minutes

Present: Mary Kalemkerian (Chair) Matthew Bradby (Sec) Karen Loasby (treasurer) Friedrich Ernst (vice chair).
Cllr Bull, Cllr Stennett, Cllr Adje, Pauline Syddell, Met Police.
Simon, FIona, Claudia, Ruth, Natalie, Collette.

1. Traffic

There has been a high incidence of speeding on the main roads around the estate and also speeding on mopeds within the estate itself.
Residents are recommended to phone the police non emergency number 101.
Action Matthew to draft letter to Joanne McCartney and David Lammy about pedestrian crossings over Lordship Lane and other traffic calming.

2. Crime

Pauline gave a list of the crimes that have been reported on the estate over the summer.
These are mainly car crimes and some burglaries.
Everyone is recommended to make sure there is nothing visible inside their car when parked.
Use timers for lights in the house and make sure all doors and windows are secure.

3. Anti-social behaviour

Police have stepped up action at Turnpike Lane station in the wake of summer shootings.
There are currently 10 dedicated officers combating drug and other crime, and new CCTV cameras.
Turnant Road continues to have antisocial behaviour problems, probably connected with the New Moon pub.

4. Littering and dumping

There is a problem with the entrance to the alleyway on Waltheof Ave, near the junction with Lordship Lane. The fence is in a terrible condition and there is often dumping there, and opposite it.
There is a continued severe problem with people keeping wheelie bins on Lordship Lane, and not putting rubbish in the right bin. There are piles of trash on the street all the time.
Action – Gideon is pursuing a long term solution to this issue which is a blight on this major road.

5. Ward budgets
We are waiting to hear further from the council tree officer regarding planting of new trees on the Roundway near the junction of Risley Ave.
There was discussion about further applications for more funding – the problem is identifying people with time to manage the process.

ENDS.

Date of next meeting – to be organised in the Spring.

Minutes of Tower Gardens Residents Group 2016 AGM

Minutes

Wednesday 22nd June 2016 at 7 pm
Meeting Room: Larkspur Close off Fryatt Road.

Present:

  • Mark Kalemkerian, Philippa Snoaden, Matthew Bradby, Friedrich Ernst, Gladys Nichols, Kathleen Nichols, Claudia Neil, Ava, Chaira Contrino, Colette Kirkbride, Philippa Snoaden, Sebastiao Schoning
  • Cllrs Anne Stennett, Charles Adje, Gideon Bull
  • Chris Bell from Homes for Haringey
  • Pauline Syddell – Met Police and PC James Fulton

Apologies – Ruth Crowley, Jennifer Kirk, Fiona.

Introductions

Last years’ minutes
These were circulated and agreed.
Accounts
These were circulated and agreed. It was noted that we had been successful in getting a £2000 grant from Haringey Council ward budgets – £1500 of this is for trees. Other money for website and also for community clean up.
Matthew will contact the Council about tree planting this autumn.
Matthew will contact Sarah Hayes from Cleanup UK to arrange a date for further clean up of the estate.
Elections
The following were elected as full committee members:
Mary Kalemkerian (Chair) Matthew Bradby (Sec) Karen Loasby (Treasurer) Friedrich Ernst (Vice Chair); other members Chaira Contrino, Claudia Neil, Philippa Snoaden, Colette Kirkbride.
Policing and antisocial behaviour
PC Fulton and Pauline Syddell gave an update on local news and also about Neighbourhood Watch.
Matthew reported that anti social behaviour at Turnpike Lane station had got worse recently; Pauline indicated that there would be new cameras and that police were aware.
Rubbish and collections
It was noted that Veolia had missed a lot of collections recently in Gospatrick Road; other areas have been alright. When collections are missed this leads to an increase in street dumping.
We recognised there were two issues – dumping by residents on the street, and fly tipping that may be by traders/landlords/construction jobs.
Everyone is encouraged to report missed collections, dumping and fly tipping.
Controlled parking and traffic
Some residents were experiencing problems parking outside their house – e.g. in Risley Avenue and Gospatrick Road. The process for extending a CPZ was discussed.
Residents are very concerned about traffic, particularly speeding on the Roundway and Lordship Lane, and the junction between them opposite Sainsburys. The Council has asked TFL to look at this but there is no funding for an additional crossing here. There is currently no safe crossing between north and south side of Lordship Lane anywhere near the junction.
Resolution: that this meeting is very concerned by traffic conditions, particularly speeding, on the Roundway and Lordship Lane junction and asks for traffic calming measures to be taken by relevant authorities.
AOB
We discussed having another clean up and celebratory event during the summer holidays.
This would focus on Waltheof Avenue and Waltheof Gardens.
Dates to be discussed. E.g. Morning of 23 July

The meeting concluded and Chris Bell gave Matthew relevant paperwork to complete for registration with the Council for the forthcoming year.

Tower Gardens on Facebook

... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

All welcome and there will be home made teas and plant sale. All funds raised go to charity. ... See MoreSee Less

Garden Opening

June 11, 2017, 2:00pm - June 11, 2017, 6:00pm

I'm opening my garden for the National Garden Scheme to raise money for nursing and caring charities...

View on Facebook