Tag: Clean-ups

Minutes of Tower Gardens Residents Group 2016 AGM

Minutes

Wednesday 22nd June 2016 at 7 pm
Meeting Room: Larkspur Close off Fryatt Road.

Present:

  • Mark Kalemkerian, Philippa Snoaden, Matthew Bradby, Friedrich Ernst, Gladys Nichols, Kathleen Nichols, Claudia Neil, Ava, Chaira Contrino, Colette Kirkbride, Philippa Snoaden, Sebastiao Schoning
  • Cllrs Anne Stennett, Charles Adje, Gideon Bull
  • Chris Bell from Homes for Haringey
  • Pauline Syddell – Met Police and PC James Fulton

Apologies – Ruth Crowley, Jennifer Kirk, Fiona.

Introductions

Last years’ minutes
These were circulated and agreed.
Accounts
These were circulated and agreed. It was noted that we had been successful in getting a £2000 grant from Haringey Council ward budgets – £1500 of this is for trees. Other money for website and also for community clean up.
Matthew will contact the Council about tree planting this autumn.
Matthew will contact Sarah Hayes from Cleanup UK to arrange a date for further clean up of the estate.
Elections
The following were elected as full committee members:
Mary Kalemkerian (Chair) Matthew Bradby (Sec) Karen Loasby (Treasurer) Friedrich Ernst (Vice Chair); other members Chaira Contrino, Claudia Neil, Philippa Snoaden, Colette Kirkbride.
Policing and antisocial behaviour
PC Fulton and Pauline Syddell gave an update on local news and also about Neighbourhood Watch.
Matthew reported that anti social behaviour at Turnpike Lane station had got worse recently; Pauline indicated that there would be new cameras and that police were aware.
Rubbish and collections
It was noted that Veolia had missed a lot of collections recently in Gospatrick Road; other areas have been alright. When collections are missed this leads to an increase in street dumping.
We recognised there were two issues – dumping by residents on the street, and fly tipping that may be by traders/landlords/construction jobs.
Everyone is encouraged to report missed collections, dumping and fly tipping.
Controlled parking and traffic
Some residents were experiencing problems parking outside their house – e.g. in Risley Avenue and Gospatrick Road. The process for extending a CPZ was discussed.
Residents are very concerned about traffic, particularly speeding on the Roundway and Lordship Lane, and the junction between them opposite Sainsburys. The Council has asked TFL to look at this but there is no funding for an additional crossing here. There is currently no safe crossing between north and south side of Lordship Lane anywhere near the junction.
Resolution: that this meeting is very concerned by traffic conditions, particularly speeding, on the Roundway and Lordship Lane junction and asks for traffic calming measures to be taken by relevant authorities.
AOB
We discussed having another clean up and celebratory event during the summer holidays.
This would focus on Waltheof Avenue and Waltheof Gardens.
Dates to be discussed. E.g. Morning of 23 July

The meeting concluded and Chris Bell gave Matthew relevant paperwork to complete for registration with the Council for the forthcoming year.

Tower Gardens on Facebook